Share This

Monday, November 28, 2011

Preschool Painting With Celery

Welcome Back Friends from your Thanksgiving vacation. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday. I spent a few hours in the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning preparing a big dinner for my family. One of my tasks was to dice the vegetables for the stuffing. When I got to the celery I notice what a beautiful flower it made inside once the stalks were removed. Of course I couldn't wait to see what it would look like covered in paint. This project is perfect for younger preschoolers whose fine motor skills aren't fully developed.


 This is how the celery looked when I cut the stalks off. Isn't that pretty? 


I put orange paint in the bottom of a plastic bowl, and dip the celery inside. 


Celery is usually inexpensive especially around the holidays. You could use the stalks for some yummy snacks dipped in Ranch dressing or make Ants On A Log. 

       





No comments:

Post a Comment